Finn's Age...

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Wotz New?

I hadn't heard a single thing about the hijacking of 11 Australian tour guides in China until it flashed on the news this morning on the ABC news on PBO (Australian channel). Xian is also where Kane, myself and my family are going in May to visit the clay soldiers. Then Nan emailed to talk about it today. Funny, I'm in the country and had no idea. Like I have said so many times before, we are so removed and isolated due to the language issues that we have no idea what is going on except in our own little world. So what has been happening in our own little world?

We have been thinking about moving to a new apartment after the July/August break for various reasons. We are quite far out where we are at the moment. It costs a bit for a taxi to where most of the other teachers are and that is also where most of the amenities are as well. It currently takes an hour to get bread! A taxi from here to downtown is @40RMB, from where everyone else is is cost 10RMB. Socially it would help I think too.

Down side -
No satellite TV (no football!)
No central heating
Have to get up earlier to go to work
Get home later from work

We are not 100% decided, but are leaning towards in town rather than staying put, but as I type this I start thinking... am I over-reacting?

Anyway this is a photo of the place we are looking at. A bit messy, but they weren't expecting us.


We had Sushi rolls for dinner tonight. Don't worry... all ingredients were cooked. We had cooked prawns, carrot, cucumber, yellow capsicum, the seaweed paper, rice, soy sauce and wasabi. I went down and got the ingredients, prepped them and then Kane rolled them all. Here is dinner:


No comments: