Finn's Age...

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Shopping in Shanghai

This week we, (a few girls and myself) decided to head to Shanghai for some retail therapy. It is amazing how shopping can make a girl feel happy. I would really like to know if anyone has done a study on why it work so well and gets the happy vibes flowing.

We decided to head to 4 places. First we headed to Decathlon. Its a huge sports store with everything you can think of. I think it's a European store, but awesome and so cheap. I got some bathers, 2 tennis rackets, balls and 2 trackie pants. Love it. All for under $120AU



Our tennis rackets

The we headed to lunch at a restaurant called Element Fresh. It has a really good healthy menu. I got some clam chowder, which was so yummy and filled with veggies, it came with a crusty roll. We want one of those shops in Suzhou!



Next was the copy markets where I got two new style handbags and two cheap purses.
These are the two bags I got:




Finally onto Ikea, another great store where I got a plain white dinner set, a ventruvian man silk screen by Leonardo deVinci, King bed doona cover set, and a few odds and ends. All for under $180AU




I told Kane the statue above represented us!!!! LOL

I had the greatest day and was so tired by the end. It was a pity the boxing was on today (it gets in the road of everything) as we could have played tennis. But instead I went walking with some girls from work and headed down town to picket up some pants I've had made by a tailor.

Tomorrow I have my Chinese lesson out in downtown Suzhou. We are going to buy Chinese food from the food stalls near Suzhou University and ask "what is in it?"and "I want".

Nighty-night.

No comments: