Finn's Age...

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Flights are booked!

We are coming home!

(Albeit for 6 weeks)

School has booked our tickets yesterday. (It's getting closer!) QF102 on the 30th June and return on QF101 on the 19th August.

I have continued to feel really unwell this week. I have caught this nice little bug and have been feeling rubbish ever since. We had Parent/Teacher interviews on Tuesday/Wednesday this past week and only went to school Wednesday because of this, by Wednesday night 7 pm, I had to go and tell the Head of Primary I wouldn't be in the next day - I had no voice and felt revolting. Ever try being around 16 8-9 year olds when you're sick? Forget it! And it was a full contact day on Thursday too. So I stayed at home and felt miserable by myself. I needed to pay the Ayi who was coming to clean the house while I was at home and I couldn't even bring myself to go and get some money out. So she fluffed around me for two hours. I went on Friday, but only had the kids for 2 hours and 1 of those hours was free play because I felt so yuk! So being sick on top of a sore back is not good. I feel like a walking disaster.

Last night we had a Primary vs Secondary Netball match. I was so disappointed to miss it, it ended up being a 16 all draw. So many people could not believe how fast the game went. So it was nice to see people realising how hard I work in a game. It was funny though watching teachers who have never seen of heard of the game trying to play especially when Basketball is so widely played in the world. Everyone just expects it to be similar when it's really not. Here are some pics of the action.



I got invited to go tea picking at East Mountain today. It sounded like heaps of fun, but because I was sick I wasn't going to be able to make it, which I was really disappointed in. Luckily it has rained today and they have had to reschedule. What luck :)

Kane is playing in a basketball tournament today. I might be able to go and watch if I am up to it later. His team was to be called Domination! But, the high school ESL student in charge of inputting team names go it wrong and called them the Dalmations! So the male adult team members have decided to go along with it and have names on the back of their shirts from the 101 Dalmation movie like Wags (Kane), Hot Dogs, Nipper etc.

We have a 30th birthday party to attend which should be fun, hopefully I can go for a little while. This girl is a good friend from school whom I've been walking with on Sundays. She is from New Zealand and has the most amazing apartment and view with her boyfriend, you can see the whole lake uninterrupted from their 19th floor lounge room window - it's great.

OK - I think that's it for today. Mum got her Visa delivered yesterday so all is good there. I can't wait for visitors!

No comments: