Finn's Age...

Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'm feeling sore an sorry for myself ;(

Last night we went out for dinner for our friend Sherry's 30th Birthday, Sherry was with us when we went to Thailand. We went to a Thai place in Suzhou and had a wonderfully delicious meal and then headed out to Bar Blue in downtown for a few drinkies! At 12am Kane and I decided to call it a night, Kane had a soccer tournament on today and I was training for the Triathlon at school. Morning came around and Kane managed to sleep in and nearly missed his ride to the soccer and I continued to sleep. At 9.30 I got up and got dresses etc, had some water as was feeling dehydrated and had breakfast. Headed out the door at 10.00 and rode to work. The damn tyres were flat on the bike and so it was quite hard going, but luckily work is only 2.5km away. I got changed and swam 2 breaststroke laps for a warm up and then 10 laps of freestyle. I did 3 laps without stopping today, hopefully I can do 4 next time. However, stopping was needed at the end of each two laps thereafter! I got out of the pool, got back on the bike, asked the guards to pump up the bike tyres and rode the 2.5km home in the wind. Got upstairs to our apartment and then headed to the gym and did 3.5km in 24mins at 8.0kmph. All up did it in under 1 hour and although it wasn't pieced together exactly how a triathlon would run, it does show that I can do all three disciplines within a 2 hour block.

OK - here is the problem, upon stretching to my toes after run- TWANG! There goes something in my lower back, the tenderness was immediate and now. I wasn't even stretching hard I was only just bending into the stretch. I am now walking with a big hunch as correct posture, bending over and squatting hurt and I am also leaning to the left when standing. What a funny sight I am. But it is hurting lots, even after 4 neurophen over 5 hours.
So, very disappointing, I was really looking forward to playing tennis tomorrow and then going for a walk at 3pm around the lake with some girls from work.

After the back incident we went to a fancy restaurant for lunch today as it was cold and rainy and not at all nice sport watching weather (We meaning all the wives/girlfriends that had fiances/husbands playing soccer today). The food was great. We ordered off a lunch time dim sum menu and it was quite reasonable when main meals at dinner are 300RMB! I only paid 50RMB with a split bill.

Dim Sum, but not the ones we ate today.

Kane is still out at the pub after his tournament and is supposed to bring back some dinner for me so that I don't have to cook. I might relax and take some more pills!

Cheers

Kelly

No comments: