Finn's Age...

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Terracotta Soldiers and the Great Wall

We left late Friday for Xian, which was once the capital of China. We arrived at the Bell Tower Hotel very late and decided on a late start to the next day. Here are some photo's of the Soldiers.


The next day we walked around Xian visiting the Bell Tower, Drum Tower, Muslin Quarter and the old wall that was built to protect the city.



We headed to Beijing on the Monday and settled into our apartment, walking across the road to get some dinner and Papa John's for dinner.

On Tuesday we headed out to the Great Wall at Jinshanling. Kane, Dave and the boys headed to on side of the hill and Mum and I headed for the other.


Mum and I met up with the Olivia Newton John Great Wall walk to Beijing right at the end. We got some photos with Sir Cliff Richard and James Reyne, there were heaps of celebs and cancer survivors there. Visit the site here: http://live.greatwalktobeijing.com/


After that we headed to the Summer Palace and home past the new Olympic Stadium.


On the Wednesday we met our tour guide who took us to Tianamen Square and the Forbidden City. After we went to the Forbidden City we headed through a park to see a Tea Ceremony. How yummy some of the teas were. Mum got heaps! After we headed to the hutong, old style streets on a pedicab and also to an old style home.




Thursday we woke up and went to the Temple of Heaven and to the Hongqiao pearl market for some shopping. The men got bored, so mum and I went back on Friday morning for some more retail therapy before flying out around 7pm.


Kane and Dave and the boys are at the Shanghai Moto GP today. It was raining, but it has dried up now. Kane did call so I could hear the roar of motorbikes (how exciting :))

Valentino Rossi won!

8 comments:

Harry @ I C R M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cat said...

Great pics Kelly! Am really enjoying seeing what you are up to. I'm, sure that it's been fantastic having your parents visit too.

Cheers,
Cate

EML509 said...

I suppose it depends Harry.
What do 'you' want to do with them?

Harry @ I C R M said...

Kelly & Kane

Mail me off blog and I will explain.

Best regards

Harry

EML509 said...

I tried Harry, but harry@icrm.com does not work and harry@icrm is not valid.

Harry @ I C R M said...

Hi

Feel free to mail me at harry@cliffrichard.info

Regards

Harry

Cat said...

Hi Kelly,

I don't know where you are in China, but wanted to check that you weren't in that awful earthquake.

Thinking of you!

cate

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.