Finn's Age...

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We're OK!


Hi Everyone,


Thank you for your well wishes about the Chinese Earthquake. We are fine. The Earthquake was a few thousand km's away I think, well, it takes about 2 hours to reach where the centre of the quake was in Chengdu by plane, I didn't even feel a shudder!

Below is a link to one of the stories:


http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=thousands-feared-dead-in


We have started raising money at school to donate and we will have a casual clothes day on Friday where the children will be asked to donate at least 10RMB to the cause.



My parents left China yesterday and arrived safely back in Australia at 9.35am. They came home to sad news, their cat, fat cat, had died just after they left. She had been hit by a car. It is scary as Leo, my cat is still living at there house, he has now lost 2 cats in his life.




I loved having my family over to visit... but I also love having my house less crowded and organised. 6 people in our apartment is a squeeze. (How spoilt am I saying that though really!) Kane's Mum Dawn and Gary will come over next Thursday for one week. They are going to the Maldives first and then onto Shanghai and will return home on the 31st of June. 4 weeks before we come home!!!!





Kane was in a triathlon on the weekend. He did really well, getting out of the pool in 3rd place while not feeling that great. He has a chesty cold and so was breathing every stroke. The man who beat him was only 2 laps in front and he was doing tumble turns too. If Kane had been 100%, I think he would have given him a run for his money. He did his 30 laps/750m in 13.42. I was really proud, next year he wants to do the whole thing 750 swim, 10km ride, 5 km run.



Kane is finishing in the middle of this picture. He is about 1 metre away from the edge.

Tired after his race, and sick. Don't you love the footy shorts????

Bye everyone.

2 comments:

Cat said...

Glad to hear that you guys are fine. The news reports have been really tragic.

Well done though on the triathlon Kane!

Take care,
Cate

Anonymous said...

great to hear you guys are ok - a bit scary seeing the footage on TV!

Luvs ya,
H : )