Finn's Age...

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Howdee

G'day everyone,

It's almost hump day and in 2 days Kane's Mum and Step Dad will be here. We are almost prepared for the visit. I am making Kane's Grandma's Carrot Cake for the couple tomorrow night. It is a favourite and it is one of the cakes I actually know how to make from scratch!
I went to a new Western Food Market yesterday afternoon. Oh - Did I have fun! I bought timtams for a friend, beef mince (so hard to find here), tomato pizza sauce, (for tonight's dinner), tomato paste, English muffins, pita bread, philli cream cheese, butter, edam cheese, ham and few other things. It cost a bit, but there is a great variety. The shop is found in one of the up-market compounds and so many people shop solely there. It must cost them a lot of money (Chinese Standard).
S0... We had pita pizzas for dinner tonight, yummy - Don't it look good? I made 5 of them, I had 2 and Kane had 3.

And for dessert, we get banana pancakes. A really simple recipe from my Low-fat Cookbook.

1 Cup Wholemeal Flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 mashed very ripe bananas, 1 tbls male syrup, 1 cup milk, 2 tsp Cinnamon, 1 pinch nutmeg. Mix together and sit for 1 hour and cook in a fry pan. YUMMY

A friend of ours, Bruce who recently got married had his birthday yesterday and didn't want his flowers. So he gave them to me - How lucky! Biggest bunch I've ever received from a boy. I think there are 2 dozen pink roses there. Watch out Kane ;)

Zaijian!

(Mean's goodbye in Chinese)

Kelly

xxx

No comments: