Finn's Age...

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Life in China only has two weeks left!

*****Please note - I have no spell check at the moment, please excuse my spelling errors and or grammar errors, I type to fast and make terrible mistakes!!! Hehehe ******

It is getting so hot here in Suzhou. For some reason I don't rememeber it getting this hot last year.

There has been quite a lot on my mind lately resulting in several restless nights, compounded with the heat. We have a sheet and blanket on the bed, plus a fan, but I find I get hot, then cold, then I toss, and this keeps going and going for sometimes a few hours. The only good nights sleep I've had this week was Wednesday night, but then Thursday night, I went out for dinner and ate too much so I was awake at 3.30am, by 4.45am, I am gave up and got out of bed and went for an hour walk, that meant last night I crashed for 10 hours of sleep. I guess I won't be sleeping tonight!

I guess I am worried about moving home, will we still fit in with our friends. People have moved on without us and that is troubling me. Plus our house may not be ready till the end of August as the tenant is having trouble finding somewhere to move and her lease does not run out until then. Our shipping, will it come too early then, where will we put it? Our work, we only get 7 days off then we both start. Kane at Wodonga South for the next 6 months in a Grade 6 class and me at Bandiana in a Prep/1 for a 6 week contract.

Plus a few other things. I am getting pretty tight for money here in China. In fact I have 14RMB in the bank, that's maybe $2.50. I have 300RMB cash, that's about $50 to get me through the next 2 weeks. I am owed $2000RMB by a friend through an insurance 'thingy', but that still has not appeared in his bank account.

I go to get my last dental work done tomorrow, luckily this is already paid for! I need to get my bridge attached with permant glue, (I only have temporary glue attaching it at the moment). And I also need to go downtown Suzhou to pay a tailor for Kane's wedding ties, that I have to pay for and it 150RMB. (I guess I'll be done to 150RMB by then :0 )

I have a few vouchers to use before we depart, 3 massage and one dinner. Kane and I will use the two massage vouchers tomorrow and then go out for dinner. I will use the 3rd massage voucher on Monday afternoon when a group of us girls will go to get a foot massage, it's our Monday afternoon ritual. I also have a verbal voucher for a manicure and pedicure for Kane and I as I traded some gel nail items to a beauty salon. It's a complicated story, one that I won't go into here.

Kane is in Shanghai today picking up his tailored shorts, my cashmere jacket and another camera item. I might go down a look at some DVD's. I will miss not being able to get cheap DVD's here. Are there any in partucular that people want?

Alrighty, I'm off. I am waiting for the housing agent to come and have a look at the loungeroom airconditioner. It is leaking :0

Kelly
xxx

1 comment:

Miss Positive said...

Wow, two weeks to go, how excting! Its only natural to feel a bit nervous about coming back home, but I'm sure it will all work out and you will settle in well. Wont take long for it to feel like you never left!

Hilary xx