Finn's Age...

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Where did the weekend go?

I just read my friend Kate's status on the facebook... 'Where did the weekend go?' Kane came in and said that is so true, and I third it. You live for work here, there is no other way to put it.

So my weekend -
I went to the dentist... 2 hours late! So I had to go back today at 3pm. I nearly didn't make it either. I went to dragonfly for a manicure/pedicure thanks to Kate who had a free voucher to use. Now I have deep burgundy/brown nails and no dead skin on my feet. I made blueberry muffins and froze some. The house was spotless with no washing or dishes. Bliss for a woman. We played 5 crowns (cards) at Erin and Rons and saw a beautiful thunderstorm with heaps of lightening and thunder through the window, and got a taxi straight away and the rain had stopped and it was warm! Perfect. I went to wedding street at 10am today and bought a whole heap of stuff for the Bond theme party next weekend. I am getting my chipao made, so I got a cheap garter, a plastic gun, and a Chinese traditional hair piece for me and for Kane some numchucks, suspenders and a bow tie. I didn't make it back in time for our walk around the lake at 1.30 and nearly missed the dentist appointment at 3pm. I only made it by 1 minute after a 15 minutes taxi ride.

I found quite nice veils today. I can get a silk veil made if I want. I might find out the price, but they have said they can make whatever I want. I just need to bring a picture of what I want made. The normal tulle ones were only 80RMB, less than $20. I tried to find a petticoat/hoop, but they were all pretty feral. I think I might just hire one for the day when I get back.

Kane went and looked at suits today for the wedding. It's going to cost 680RMB , that's $147 Australian to get one made. I told him not to do anything until he gets his boys measurements so all the suits are the same. That's so cheap for a very good quality suit, custom made. He doesn't want to get a vest made, but I really like the vests at bridal parties, they add something extra and Kane looks so hot in a vest!!!!!

I haven't heard anything from my friend Becki here in Suzhou yet. She went to the hospital to be induced yesterday and got sent home and was told to come back again today. Maybe I'll hear tonight :)

No comments: