Finn's Age...

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Feeling Good

-A Funny translation to begin the week with-


It should say Non recyclable, but is says 'Nonreconerabl'
They still don't have people to check English translations in public places
We have had a busy week and weekend. With all the negative stuff going on at school and my tooth problems and the weather being crappy, etc, I started to get really down and blue. By Wednesday Kane was getting a bit irritated by my mood and told me to go do something at the gym as my motivation had waned. So I listened - NOT! I went had a shower and went to bed. Thursday I felt shit, so my moods must've had something to do with my pending head cold. I am feeling OK for now though, it seems to be sneaking in the cracks and raising its head every few days. We had a trip to a park in Suzhou that is famous for being where the Emperor kept his horses. His horses drank from the lake, it has a path that the Emperor once walked on 2000 years ago. The Chinese like to hold onto the past I think :) The Park is called Bai Ma Jian, I can't remember this instant what Bai is, but Ma is horse and Jian is Park so it's something Horse Park.

It was... interesting! Here are a few pictures-


The Park


The Lake







A Pagoda
The Emperor's Path


Friday afternoon was exhausting. It's was probably my teaching partner Becki's last day, she stayed at school while we went on the above trip, school has split her class as they couldn't find a qualified replacement. And I had to run off to swim club after school so our probably goodbye was a bit rushed, which I am a bit disappointed about. We went to Mr.Pizza (a bar/rest) for some food and a few drinks and then Kane went to play poker.

Saturday was busy, I woke early (7.00ish) and fluffed around before heading to the gym. I then came come around 10.30 and we fluffed around some more. Then went out to lunch and I can't remember how the rest of the day was spent! Isn't that bad :) Oooh, now I remember I chatted to Mum and Lachie for about an hour and a half! Saturday night was a girls night and I got dressed up and put on my wig. It was good to have a few drinks and socialize without discussing what is happening at school at the moment. I got home around 12.30am, Kane got in around 2.30am. We got up this morning and went out for brunch and then got some bread and a leek and some eggs. Since then I have been for a 1 hour and 40 minute walk with some friends. I am now zonked!

I am cooking some biscuits for a school fundraiser and then I'll be cooking some chicken for dinner tonight. Lots to do. Kane has just gone to buy a DVD and see if he can order in the DVD of Metallica with the San Fransisco Symphony Orchestra.

Have a great week,
Kelly

No comments: