Finn's Age...

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Shopping!

Yesterday was the annual Suzhou Expats Christmas Charity Bazaar. There were heaps of stall where you can buy various items. I came away with




a chess set,


a wall hanging and some Christmas cards and some wall pictures to have framed. They're rolled up so I can't take a picture. I went to Mei Mei's which is a silk shop with my friend Erin. She had ordered some cashmere blankets and needed to pick them up. So I went along as I wanted to talk to her about the silk I am going to use in my wedding dress. I found some light weight raw silk/sateen material in a white/ivory to use. It's 75RMB per meter so all up the material will cost around $330 AU, is that a good price? Now I all I need to do is find someone to make it. I also bought a cashmere/silk blanket for a lounge room throw/spare room back home.


It is the picture above. I want to get some made for our queen sized bed for back home also.

This morning my fish Sue is doing some funny side sleeping! Yes she does this occasionally. I will have to keep a special eye on her as she may be on the way out. The temperature has dropped here in the last few days and so the different temperature may be the cause. I have had to move my fighting fish Jo to the lounge room yesterday to be next to the heater as I try to get here through the winter, Sue may need to move from the study to the lounge also.


This is Kane holding our friends newborn Jemima Grace. She is around 8 days old in the picture. She is the daughter of our friend's Gerard and Felicity who come from Benella/Myrtleford in the NE of Victoria, only a hand-throws drive from us in Wodonga. And they also used to work a Catholic College in Wodonga. They work at our school in Suzhou! Coincidence some? She was born via cesarean and was over 4.2kg born, a big girl. She is just gorgeous!

Kane is out playing soccer, I might have brekkie, head over to get fruit and veg and see if Kane wants to go for a walk, it beautiful and sunny outside... I can see blue sky, a rarity. Take advantage while I can, but it still is chilly :)

Bye, and have a great week. Maybe this will be the week when we find out what we are doing next year, fingers crossed for us.

Kelly

No comments: