Finn's Age...

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas Already?

So this time last year we were planning our holiday to Malaysia for Xmas. Thinking this time in 2009 was never going to arrive! Now its here. So with the thought pattern that the next 2 weeks will be a whirl-wind, I went Chrissy shopping today and have bought all but 3 gifts that were planned. I have spent the afternoon wrapping them and putting them in the corner of the lounge and have found the Xmas decorations that are looking a little worse for wear after 3 years of not being used, yes, it has been that long since we had Chrissy decorations in our house! I was slightly looking forward to getting all Christmas-y, and briefly thought about purchasing a big Christmas tree from Target that was on special from $200, down to $99, but resisted the urge and have put our small 30cm tall metal ornament (that is doing a fine job) in a corner with 12 silver balls hanging from the ceiling.

Other news this week is that I have a head cold, and I'm looking on the bright side - At least it came this week and not in 2 weeks time :-) I am struggling big time today though as I have overdone it Kelly style. I am just unable to sit still, even though I am sick and even though I had put on one of my favorite movies, 'The Young Victoria', I paused it and then went back to it and then ignored it and cooked through it as well. I have cleaned the house, gone Christmas shopping, bought fruit and veg, wrapped presents, made 2 batches of buttermilk pancakes to be frozen, made dinner early, bought in the 2 loads of washing, folded it and put it away and gone through wedding planning stuff for like the 10th time this week. All because I can't sit still even though I am feeling so cruddy. I tried to force myself to read my book, but the though of "update your blog, it's another job that needs doing" went off and so here I am! I may try again with another movie, "Pride and Prejudice".

On wedding news, we have handed in the final seating plan and numbers and have the bill... yay! (NOT!) Have edited my speech and timed it - just under 4 minutes. Kane bucks day is today and I haven't heard anything yet, so no news is good news right? Our planned ceremony location is now under construction and so I will have to choose another spot when I go up for a look on Monday - Bugger. But I am not stressing, or maybe I am and don't know it from my not.being.able.to.sit.stillness! Is this an epiphany?

2 comments:

Miss Positive said...

Oh that sucks getting sick just before your wedding (it happened to me too!). If you can, try the Olive Leaf Extract, it wards off colds and flu really well.

Not long to go now, so exciting! Hope Kane survived his bucks day...

Hilary xx

Cat said...

Breathe girl - don't let all the stress take away from the excitement of the wedding preparations.

Hope you are feeling better soon, and enjoy these last few days.