Finn's Age...

Friday, November 13, 2009

A long delayed post

Hi everyone, sorry for the months of not writing I guess I have been uninspired to say the least, (or a lot!).

Since returning from China I guess I figured the ins and outs of my life were unimportant, boring, monotonous, etc. Added onto this was the feeling that no one wants to hear about planning a wedding over and over again or maybe I was just sick of explaining the wedding over and over again. You know when you know people that always talk about the same things over and over again, I guess that's where I have been or am. I am very conscious of not talking about the wedding all the time, even though it feels like my every thought is about it and I am not yet excited even though it is less than a months away. You see, Kane and I have been engaged to over 21 months and both of us have now realised this was way to long for both of us. Neither of us were believing that the day was ever going to come around and I guess we both still have trouble believing that it is about to be here. I am waiting for the moment that the excitement hits. Maybe in the week leading up to the big day, it will start to feel real.

We have everything ready for the big day. And next week we start the final meetings to confirm details with the DJ, celebrant and Videographer to begin with on Tues, Wed and Thurs. All our outfits are ready, I only need to get the suits pressed and wedding dress steamed in the last week before. I have my something new, old, borrowed and blue to go and have had the hair and make-up trial last week. I have my last facial next Wednesday though my face has been an explosion zone lately, even Kane commented on it Wednesday night! We have our final numbers, it'll be around 68 adults + kids. Not a huge wedding, but Kane and I wanted only our closest friends and family to be with us. We have worked out our ceremony plan/wording as we will be married by a celebrant in the gardens at the reception venue. My only big job now is to write my speech. I don't know how to write funny, so I may have the most terrible speech ever. It may take a couple of drafts I think. So that is about all I have been doing in terms of the wedding.

I have been working 2-3 days a week average cover teaching, which.I.hate! And I am only doing it for the money. I would prefer to stay at home bored than go to school and be disrespected so often each day. It really makes me think, why I bother being a teacher sometimes.

If you have any pointers on how I can become excited, please pass them on.

Kelly

1 comment:

Cat said...

Hi there,
for those of us who haven't been to a wedding in years - keep posting girl! Been hearing about yours for so long that I'll be disappointed not to read about it and see some pics.

And yes, substitute teaching is a drag. Just think of the holidays coming up.. :-)