Finn's Age...

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Almost everything crossed off the list

Today has been very productive. I have managed to fit in a trip to the framer, the silk shop to get a silk cashmere blanket, the dentist for visit number 13, and out to Dulwich for their international day. I bought two silk covered boxes out there. One we got as a keep-sake box of our time in China and we have put in it a few things to remind us of China and our trips while living here and the other is a silk box with a silk covered photo book with black pages. We will use it for the guest book/photos on our wedding day.

The last few weeks have been flat strap. I have had to write detailed lists on my calendar/diary to ensure that I had everything bought, collected or orgainsed by the time our shipment was to be sent. Well, our shipment day is only two weeks away now, on the 31st of May, although because it appears that it will not need as long in transit this time, we may have to push it back to the 6th of June. We need to be in the country before it arrives as it will only take 4-5 weeks this time. We have had our assessment and it looks at though we will be shipping around 9.5 cubic meters of 'stuff'. We have got some pretty good 'stuff' though... Wedding clothes, furniture, bikes, etc, etc.

I pick up my wedding dress tomorrow, Kane's suits will be here by next weekend it is anticipated, the furniture should be delivered this week and I pick up the final framed photographs next weekend as well as another cashmere blanket. I am going to see a tailor this Wednesday about getting a pair of pants copied as I love wearing them, I may get a few extra chopsticks from Carrafour before we go as we also like the Japanese style wooden chipsticks they sell.

All of this to think about and it is my 'Hen's Night' next Saturday 23rd. All I know is that someone will knock on my door at 6.30pm and take me somewhere... where... I don't not know, and that I will be out all night!!!! They're so sneaky, my girls here ;)

After that I have 4 weeks to go out to the pearl market to get my wedding jewellery made. Easy when considering how busy I have been in the last 6 weeks.

Take care,
Kelly

No comments: