Finn's Age...

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Zen - Our Favourite Restaurant

I am a little low on what to write about this week. We have been doing the usual, eat, sleep, work, etc, etc.

Kane has been really sick this week. We have had a flu go through the school with 4-7 teachers out each day with fever, chills, sweating, aching bones, cough and sore throat, and it has been really contagious. Kane started to feel ill on Tuesday and needed to take Thursday off from work. I had to change his clothes at 10.30pm Wednesday night as he'd soaked through 4 layers! He slept most of the day, but I made him go to the doctors who gave him some medicine to try and help him. Now, he still doesn't look 100%, and has a rough cough. It'll probably take him a week or 2 to really get over it. It's hard when it's so cold outside and everyone has heaters on, and I suppose being cold in Suzhou, going to warm Malaysia and back to cold Suzhou doesn't help. I hope the Philippines does not do the same.

On Wednesday night we had the annual Chinese New Year Dinner. If is huge for Chinese. It is nearly 10 courses, and school had something like 120 prizes to give away, not counting the door prize that everyone gets, this year it was a micro-fiber blanket. Kane was down to go, but was too sick, so I grabbed his to. Last year we got bowls and chopstick type things. I didn't win any of the drawn prizes, but it was fun, a lot better than last years effort which was in the snow. I got up on stage and danced to Latin music in front of everyone and got a fluffy mobile phone holder - which I lost!!!! But of course, what is a traditional Suzhou Chinese meal without a chicken head or chicken feet... here it is -


It's hard to believe that we will be flying to the Philippines in like 10 days. I know everyone will be thinking I am an idiot for saying this, but Kane and I are a bit over travelling! We are really looking forward to being home and boring :)
So my post today is about our favourite restaurant Zen. It is right around the corner from our apartment, and we usually go once a month. Today we went with two couples and we ordered way too much, but Kane was happy we got left overs, and I was happy I did not have to cook!
Here is Zen, it's quite a big restaurant.





We had all types of Dim Sum. Mostly we order Prawn based dumplings, here are some different ones below.
(Photo's to be added later - blogger being an @sshole)

Also, my teaching partner Becki is getting quite big now, she only has 8 weeks to go, six of which she is working/teaching. She is staring to get really uncomfortable as it's a big bub. I am so glad I am not having babies here, I couldn't stand working right up until the birth. I really took this photo cause I liked the colour she was wearing ;)

No comments: