Finn's Age...

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Proud Uncle and Aunty!

We are the proud Aunty and Uncle of another nephew.

Zoe and Ty welcomed Max Eamon into the world Friday night at a whopping 9lb 12.

Well done to Zoe for keeping such a big boy so well concealed, she must've really been all baby, because when I last saw her with about 3 weeks to go, she really didn't look that big.

We've been told he had a big head (therefore needing a Cesarean), Ty's nose and lots of hair. We haven't seen any photos yet and we're dying too. All the details we've got so far have come from msg's and skype chat. It has definitely been hard being so far away as we are desperate for information. Hopefully we can chat to Ty on Skype tonight or tomorrow.


I am so excited about the AFL Grandfinal this weekend. Trust me to be another country when I am finally old enough to go to a Grandfinal with my own team in it. Mr Pizza it is! Go Hawkers! I really hope they at least give Geelong a run for their money.

Kane played in a soccer tournament yesterday in the boiling heat. It was so hot and humid, meaning high 30's, but feels like 42 on the weather website. I went out to watch, but only got to see one game and Kane was probably only on for 10 minutes, then came home when it was going to be 1 and a half hours before the finals. They got to the semi to lose during a penalty shoot out.
I went to the dentist and have to get 4 crowns on my teeth. 3 of them come in a set called a bridge, for the missing double tooth, (thanks Dr Strazdin ) which was pulled out when I was 11. The other is for the double tooth that has been doing all my chewing for the past 17 years. It has tried to hold up to the double load it has been doing for those 17 years, but sadly, it's not coping well now. I am very lucky though. Back home, this would be an expensive trip. But here, it is to cost around 7000RMB, just over $1000. Back home a fair few thousand dollars would be my guess. I can get 25% discount if my school joins the dentist as a VIP member and should be able to get $350US back on health insurance, so it'll come down to just over $500AU in the end.
Ok - Have fun everyone,
Kelly

No comments: