Finn's Age...

Thursday, September 11, 2008

I can't sleep!!

I was lying in bed for the past hour not sleeping and I gave up! Kane is asleep, it's hot, I'm tossing and turning so I thought I would get up and write down all the things I was thinking about and go back to bed and try again. It's worth a try isn't it?
  1. My kids are being ratty and I'm sick of telling them off!
  2. My teaching partner is the coordinator and gets extra time off. While they put other teachers in the room during these periods, I still feel responsible for her children as well as my own as I know their names, etc. So I feel like I'm teaching 35 kids instead of my 17, especially her 2 English beginners.
  3. I just found out I am to get another student in 2 weeks. It was to be a girl. It's not. Another boy will be coming. That will make 12 boys and 6 girls. He knows no English and has only been in Grade 1 for 3 months in Korea, and for some reason he has been enrolled into Grade 2 at our school!!!????!!!! What the?
  4. Yesterday was swim club. 19 children turned up, along with the 40 from the swim team and 13 infants for lessons. All sharing the same pool area. 12 kids to a lane! Some need swim lessons, not swim club! Now swim club is for Grade 4-12 kids to swim laps. A Grade 2 girl panicked at what was expected and had a panic attack. In the middle of all this a teacher (dickhead teacher) was swimming laps and had the gaul to ask if the kids were swimming of standing because naturally they were in his way!!!! So Kelly had to have her say to this moron. On Friday we will be telling some of the children they will not be able to come to swimming club anymore because it is unsafe. They must be able to swim 50m unassisted.
  5. Plus I'm tired and cranky
  6. And I had a coffee at 6.00 tonight
  7. And I am thinking about Zoe and checking my email every few hours. It was the first thing I did when I got on the computer 15 minutes ago :)
  8. And the fact that I am soooo disappointed we are not home for the birth, get to hold 'it' an won't get to see the little McGregor for nearly 10 months.

So Kelly is feeling really annoyed, stressed, sad, disappointed, etc, at the moment. Hopefully now I've written this, when I go back to bed, I can sleep.

Goodnight everyone.

No comments: