Finn's Age...

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Fathers Day

HAPPY
FATHERS
DAY
DADS!

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads that read this. This day always comes around so fast while we are here, and I didn't even do an activity with my kids in class... oops, I did mothers day last year, I suppose I had more time to organise an activity.I hope everyone has had a great week. Kane and I have been so busy. We have been getting used to the new apartments and getting things organised. We have cooked a few different meals like Pad Thai, Stir-fry, and Spag Bol, and yesterday I got a whole heap of food from Metro (a cash and carry store) to help us get started. The whole shop cost about 1200 yuan, which is just over $200AU, but we did get 6.5kg of eye fillet, a bottle of Bailey's and a 6 pack of corona, plus the the groceries, so it is pretty economical.

We have been able to go down to the local hang out Mr Pizza to watch the AFL finals this weekend, and it was nice to see Hawthorn win on Friday night. Kane will also go down and watch the Pies at lunch time. We don't have satellite TV at this new place and it makes it really hard. I just don't have the patience to watch movies most of the time. We will get cable installed this coming week, but this only has 4 channels. Luckily for Kane he can still watch boxing at Bruce's, but I will have to go to Mr Pizza to watch McLeods Daughters.

Thinking of you all, congratulations to Jenny and Dahle on your holiday win, Zoe - I hope you drop TODAY! What a special gift that would be to Ty. To the Mitta Football club - commiserations to the seniors, but you can't win them all. Good luck to Luke playing in the Reserves Grandfinal this coming weekend.

Bye everyone
KK

No comments: