Finn's Age...

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Long Weekend Almost Over

Our long weekend has been spent relaxing of course. The weather has not been quite as predicted. It was around 20 and overcast of Friday, around the same yesterday and today it is raining. Dammit - it was supposed to be sunny and 27 today, the perfect day for tennis!

Speaking of such, we had visitors to watch the AFL yesterday. We made sushi and talked, and after we went down to play tennis. Our visitors are from QLD/Tas, so it was nice to have some Aussie company. They have a 11 month old son, so it was interesting to watch him go, go, go, stop. As well as the baby-proofing of the apartment when they first arrived, but he is one of the cutest kids I've ever seen and you hardly see him with out a ball in his hands and/or mouth, so he'll definitely be a gifted ball something player! I keep telling Kane this is what we are in for eventually!

I seem to have finally gotten over this sinus blockage which is a relief, now I just need the wheezing to subside in my chest, however this is becoming less often, usually when I've not spoken in a while or just woke up, but I definitely need my Ventolin close by every now and then. Kane still hasn't caught it so hopefully he won't. There is definitely a bad bug going around as a friend of ours in his sixties, who is a really fit man has had bronchitis which has turned into pneumonia that has infected 1/4 of his lungs! The change in weather has been a welcome relief, bu it has also affected peoples health which is worrying.

My back is on the improve too, I was able to have hit of tennis yesterday with out too much hassle. The jury is still out as to whether I will go to see my funky Chinese man healer today. I definitely could, but I might try swimming tomorrow and go to step aerobics on Wednesday and see how I go first (I can see him between 6-8 Wednesday night). The triathlon is only 4 weeks away now and I only have 1 week to register if I think I can still get ready for it after the past 2 weeks of no training. I am so disappointed as I was really into the swing of training and was starting to see results. As the start is always so hard, now I have to start again with all the mind games that try to tell you - don't bother :(

I am going to go through some photographs on the computer today and go and get them printed down at our neighbourhood centre. I think our place needs some personalisation!

Congrats to Mitta on their mighty win! Girls - get your arses into gear and post your players/results too!
Cheers
KK

2 comments:

Cat said...

Hi Kelly,

so nice to get a message from you on my blog! Glad that you have visitors coming - that will be so nice for you both & do hope that you are feeling better quickly.

Take care!
Cate

Bec said...

Hi Kelly,

Long time no speak!! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I have not been good at blogging lately. I have definitely had my hands full with the 2 kids. I am so tired!

Your China trip sounds amazing. What a wonderful adventure.

Do you know when you are going to have your wedding? Sounds so exciting, you will have so much fun planning it all.

Well Chat Soon
Rebecca