Finn's Age...

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pregnancy

Week 5
I'm sure it's a shock to some that I am already 38 Weeks 4 days pregnant, but to me it seems like such a long time. We found out at 4 weeks along, kept it secret until 12 weeks and I have been uncomfortable since very early along.
Week 12

We are having an above average bub from the doctors accounts, 8 and a half pounds at this stage.

The story so far (in no particular order) - 
I had very little morning sickness, between Weeks 5 - 9 I felt nauseous and it was around this time that I went off dairy. Milk, icecream, butter and including things made with dairy like chocolate, biscuits, cake, lollies and anything else sweet. I survived on savoury and vegemite sandwiches, vegemite and dry biscuits, vegemite and toast and vegemite on muffins! Mind you, dairy has made a comeback and so has my sweet tooth in the 3rd trimester and I can't walk past a cafe or coffee shop without a milkshake or cookies and cream frappa from Gloria Jeans!

Week 15
It was around this time (week 9) that my back and butt started causing some pain and I had to start seeing an osteopath, it turned out that my lower pelvis where it attaches to my lower back had swollen and has remained so for the duration. From Week 12 I saw my friend Tricia for myotherapy treatment and she has been a saviour to me. I have seen her every 2 weeks since then and at the last treatment yesterday she tried some inducement point massage, though it hasn't worked - I'm still here.

I started feeling Little Mac move and kick from 16 weeks which is really early on and he/she hasn't held back on the movements. I also started attending a 'Fit for Birth' classes around that time too. It is run by the Physio Dept here in Wodonga each Wednesday evening from 5-7pm. It is great to chat to other Mum-to-be's, have a whinge and catch up on who has had their bubs or not and a bit of show and tell. The other great thing about this class is the education part at the end of each session, each week there is a different topic from labour to post exercise, baby massage to coping techniques. I am now the next to jump into Motherhood!

Week 20
Week 20
I started to really pop between week Week 19 and 24. At around Week 28 I went to part-time at work working a 4 day week, from 31 weeks I dropped back to 3 days per week.

Week 24
Week 29
Week 27

Week 33

Little Mac's Room
Little Mac's Room

I finished working at the end of the school year at 35 weeks 3 days - I'd had enough by then. Little Mac was moving around like crazy and the Braxton Hicks were getting really bad. Since then we have had a very quiet few weeks, I had my biggest weight gain at the last check up, 2kg in 2 weeks oh my! But that means I am still only 12 kg heavier than my starting weight. The baby room is all set up, hospital bags are ready as they can be, baby bump photos are taken, head is engaged and now it is all up to our Little Mac to make his/her arrival.


Week 38 Day 3

1 comment:

Cate said...

It is wonderful to finally have an update and you are looking wonderful Kelly!

Hope that all goes well (as you look ready to pop any day now) - and am really looking forward to some cute baby pics!

xx