Finn's Age...

Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Favourite Chicken Soup Recipe


Serves 4
Fat per serve: 5g
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total cooking time: 30 minutes


Ingredients:
1 small leek, white part only
2 potatoes
2 chicken breast fillets
2 teaspoons oil
1 420g can of creamed corn
3 cups chicken stock
1 tablespoon chopped chives

Method:
1. Finely slice the leek, and chop the potatoes into cubes. Cut the chicken into thin strips.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick large pan, add the leek, cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very soft.
3. Add the potato, chicken, corn and stock to the leek in the pan. Stir to combine, bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potato is very soft. Just before serving, garnish with the chives. Season with salt if needed and pepper.

Nutrition per serve:
Protein 30g; Fat 5 g; Carbohydrate 25g;Dietary Fibre 5g; Cholesterol 50mg; 1110kj (256 calories)

2 comments:

Cat said...

This sounds delicious Kelly!

Hang in with the homesickness, you'll find that your last bit of time in China races by and you'll want to savour all of the memories.

Can't wait to get a peek at some wedding dress info!!

Cate :-)

Cat said...

Hi again Kelly,

thanks for the comment on my blog re my photos - you made my day! Yes, I did get a new camera & lens with the remains of the small inheritance I received last year from my Grandmother's estate (the rest went to the mortgage - sigh!)I'm trying hard to learn to use the thing properly!
Cheers,
Cate