Finn's Age...

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Snow on Australia Day

Today was our national holiday. The 26th of January - The day we drink, listen to the hottest 100, drink, play cricket, drink, play Aussie trivia games and drink, put on sunscreen, drink, hunt for a shady spot and drink and drink and drink! This morning this is what we saw at 11.30am:





We had 7.4cm of snow today with more forecast over the weekend. Our Australia day was spent listening to Aussie songs in a packed restaurant that had cracks between the doors. We had sausages that tasted like cabana with onion and sauce, mushrooms with cheese and various Aussie clothing and flags dotted around the place. I won the annual mintie wrapper competition and won an Aussie flag stubby holder. It was bloody freezing. The kids went outside to make snow balls as it snowed consistently all day. Once the beer kicked in, the parent joined in too. When I got home at 7.30pm this is what was on the ground. This is our complex:




Kane has gone off to join up with a school organised pub crawl while I'm at home. Entirely my choice, unlike him I have an all day buffet and champers at the Sheraton tomorrow for a baby shower, Monday night I'm downtown for tea and Tuesday we have our Chinese New Year dinner. So I wanted to be home tonight. So I'm a busy little beaver, and then next Saturday we are off to Vietnam and Cambodia!

No comments: