Finn's Age...

Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Engagement Pictures




Ok. So I'm not getting anywhere closer to writing about our holiday (Report time does that to you)!!!!!

Kane and I had spent 6 days on KohPhangnan with 3 other people and we were getting a little bored. The weather was quite cool (for Thailand) and the waves were huge! So thinking, it may not get better, we decide to head back to Koh Samui a day earlier. Well thank-god we did, cause our friends missed the plane the next day as the weather didn't get any better.

We got a 4WD lift back to the ferry. We got our ticket which was in Thai and got on the ferry. 1/2 an hour into the trip back we saw Koh Samui (where we wanted to go) slide on by. Kane was getting pretty antsy by then. We had gotten on the wrong ferry, and of course because I'd bought the tickets it was my fault. I saw a man, and then we started talking to him. He said that these ferry was headed to the mainland. So we panicked for a bit, then decided we couldn't really do anything until we got to the mainland. When we got to the mainland, I got off and asked a girl how I could get to KohSamui. She told us at the ferry would go back to KohSamui. Luckily it did. It was only a five hour journey, that should have taken only half an hour!
So finally we get to our hotel, and it is gorgeous. It wasn't near the ocean, but it wasn't very nice weather either. We decided to go out and had dinner downtown, any source and had typical Thai pub and clubs. Most of them had girls sitting at the front. We chose a nice Russian and Turkish restaurant and ordered a beautiful meal. We had a look around and decided to go home as we were really tired.
The next morning we got up and decided to have breakfast at the restaurant in the resort. We started walking down to breakfast, but Kane had forgotten his water so he ran back up to get it. I kept walking down to the restaurant. Breakfast was included in the price, and it was so good, there was so much to eat. After breakfast we walked back up to a villa, and Kane unlock the door. He sort of pushed me through first, the first thing I saw was all but things from the coffee table on our bed. And I thought that was weird, "who had been in our room?" When I looked at the coffee table I saw a jumper with Mrs. McGregor on the back. Kane got down on his knee for 1.2 seconds and asked if I would marry him. I said of course. Now I think I should have taken longer to answer him. He had trouble getting the ring on my finger, so we had to push hard.


We got all excited for about 10 minutes, but couldn't call anyone, so we started to read out books. It was kind of an anti-climax.

So we'll come back in July this year and start looking for a reception venue. Zoe... do you have any ideas? Let me know.
Catch you later,
Kelly
XXX

No comments: