Finn's Age...

Friday, July 25, 2008

My Birthday

Today it was my birthday. The big 28! I spent my day with the boy bringing me a cup of coffee, only to be left on the bedside dresser as I fell asleep again :) (The joys of holidays). My wish was to head out to Rutherglen and taste test at some of my favourite wineries. We stopped at the Rutherglen Bakery for a pie and read the newspaper in the sunshine. We then stopped at Campbells and then on top All Saints for lunch. I had the most delicious meal of cod, mash and coleslaw. Kane had a risoto, we then headed out to the duck pond to relax with my brut sparkling. Next we stopped at Morris wines for some award winning fortified's. We finished the day with 2 bottles of wine and a nice buzz. I have had a wonderful birthday.

Yesterday I finally got to pick up my engagement ring from the jeweller.

We have spent a lot of time with family in the past few weeks with stints in Healesville for me, Bendigo for Kane, Wodonga with Ty and Zoe, Leeton with Mama and Gaga and Dahle and now we are in Albury staying with Luke and Trish. Tomorrow we will go up the Mitta valley and then may go to the football. Next week we are planning of organising more wedding stuff before I head to Brisbane next week.

I can't add photos today and so I will try again another time.

We've done so much and still have so much time left - I am loving being home :)

1 comment:

Cat said...

Hi there Kelly, and belated Happy Birthday wishes!

Sounds like you had a fantastic day.....28 *sigh* - seems soooo long ago :(

Enjoy all your wedding preps and family - what a wonderful time for you.

Cheers,
Cate